2nd Quarter Workshop - "Building A Planned Giving Program" (a Leave 10 program)
- This workshop has been approved for 3.5 CFRE Credits
- When: June 16, 2016, 8:30 am- Noon (no lunch, 8:00am check-in)
- Where: Olympic College, Poulsbo Campus, 1000 Olympic Way, Poulsbo, Rooms 119 and 120
Nearly every organization knows the advantages of a planned giving program, but few have the resources and time to invest in the development of one. Whether you have an established endowment or operate on a lean budget, this interactive presentation is designed to give participants a working understanding of the basics of planned giving and a hands-on understanding of how to implement those vehicles within your organization, even if you never develop a formal “program”.
KCNE is excited to present, in conjunction with Leave 10 and the Bainbridge Community Foundation, a half-day workshop geared toward helping develop the giving program you've been wanting. Our goal is for you to walk in with ideas and questions, and walk out with a basic plan and a list of ways to implement it.
Not sure what planned giving can do for you? Take a look at this video courtesy of plannedgiving.com.
Introductions & Setting the Stage (15 minutes)
Part 1: Planned Giving 101 (90 minutes)
• A working definition of planned giving
• An understanding of the value and potential of a planned giving program
• An understanding of the tax benefits of planned giving
• Basic structure of planned giving vehicles
• Case studies
• Resources for learning
Break (15 minutes)
Part 2: Implementation (90 minutes)
• Policy considerations for basic planned giving programs
• How to take advantage of basic planned giving vehicles
- Life insurance
- IRA beneficiary / IRA Charitable Rollover
• Planned giving donor stewardship
• Partnerships with Community Foundations and other entities
• Interactive Exercise
About Leave 10:
The Leave 10 campaign aims to create a new culture of charitable estate giving by encouraging everyone to aspire to leave at least 10% of their estate to charitable organizations. Leave 10 aims to help non-profit organizations, especially those headquartered in the Puget Sound area, sustain their mission and operations for the benefit of succeeding generations. If more Puget Sound residents create estate plans that include charitable bequests, the landscape of social causes in our region will be positively transformed forever. In addition, their charitable legacies will also help inculcate humanitarian values and behaviors in their families and communities.